Secrets Of the Care Sector: A Professional Guide for Health Care Assistants by Alisia Mae Jennings
The Secrets of the Care Sector is designed to expose all aspects of the health care assistant (HCA) role, from day-to-day standards to focusing on progress and pitfalls. Consider the following:
- Are you thinking of becoming an HCA?
- Do you already work in the sector and want to become a number one carer?
- Does your family member receive care and you want to know more about how to safeguard your loved one?
- Do you manage or employ HCAs and want to understand the difficulties faced on the frontline?
- Are you thinking of setting up your own agency and need guidance on how to be the best?
Then you need to sit down and read this book from start to finish. Soak up all the information, so you can be in control of your future endeavours within the Care Sector.
Alisia Jennings has worked in the care industry for more than 15 years, holding various roles. She was credited for her service in the sector and invited to the Houses of Parliament. She also highlighted poor care standards and submitted a report as part of the Cavendish Review, published in July 2013.
The review went on to propose training for health care assistants and social care support workers, resulting in the establishment of the Care Certificate. Care workers must now complete the certificate within the first twelve weeks of employment.