The Stoic Philosopher Within You: Uncover And Embody The Wisdom Of Seneca, Epictetus And Marcus Aurelius (Stoicism Mastery) by Thinknetic .
We all want to be kinder and thankful for what we have.
We all aspire to be happier, more successful, and free of negative emotions.
All we need to achieve our goals is a philosophy of life. Enter Stoicism.
What takes someone from good to great?
This question has haunted humanity for millennia, engaging the most learned and well-regarded people in finding its answer.
Today, we believe that the difference between failure and success, from average to elite, from dead-beat dropout to CEO is the mentality.
It might sound like an easy answer but a healthy mentality requires constant work, just like happiness and all the good things in life.
To help you achieve that wholesome mentality that takes you from good to great, we analyzed three of the greatest philosophers and broke down their observations on human nature, mentality, and happiness.
Seneca. Epictetus. Marcus Aurelius. Before these men became history’s greatest philosophers, they had insecurities just like you.
We’ve studied their lives, we’ve researched their teachings and philosophies of life, and we’ve extracted key concepts and actionable information for you to better digest Stoicism.
Here’s a bit of what you’ll get in this book:
- How a lottery winner could’ve saved $113,000,000 by heeding the teachings of Seneca on prosperity
- A crucial lesson Lance Armstrong learned from the Stoics and how you can apply it to meet your goals
- How to find empowerment in the challenges you face and overcome the barriers you encounter (hint: your teachers are Seneca and the founder of No Barriers)
- What it takes to accept what you cannot control and take charge of what you can control (mastering this will change your outlook on life)
- The philosophical difference that made Joan of Arc a hero and martyr, and how you can embody her perspective for that beneficial change you want in your life
- The Stoic cure to procrastination, and how self-love saves us from feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, and lack of self-confidence
- Prince William’s way of putting himself into somebody else’s shoes to better understand life and what we can all learn from his experience
- How to emulate Stephen Hawking and Marcus Aurelius’ views to “live the life of the mind” (side effects: increased focus, tranquility, and kindness)
...and much, much more!
You can do all the right things, check all the right boxes, cross every T and dot every I in life. Still, without the right mentality for success, you’ll cap out.
On the other hand, stoic principles can take you anywhere.
Just ask Angel Cruz, who after a series of arrests and criminal convictions, internalized a principle of Marcus Aurelius’s - we are responsible for our own virtue.
In prison, he began studying the law, appealed his own case, and was granted clemency. Today he runs his own legal practice and is a candidate for civil court judge.
Such a transformation is possible only with the right mindset.
That’s why we’ve distilled the greatest philosophers in history, down to the essentials for you.
This book is full of actionable stoic principles applicable to your professional and personal life.